“…beneath this sweet exterior lurks a rock ‘n’ roller. ”
— Frank de Blasé, CITY Newspaper.
Nashville-based guitarist, songwriter, and singer, Meg Williams, performs at notable venues across the country with her full band, as a solo/duo act, and as a guitarist for other artists. She competed in the 2019 International Blues Challenge (Memphis, TN), representing the Kentucky Blues Society after winning the Kentucky Blues Challenge. Meg was additionally selected as the house band director for the International Women in Blues Showcase during the IBC's. Shortly after returning to Nashville, after a very eventful week in Memphis for the IBCs, Meg signed with Nola Blue Records and went on to record her full length album, ‘Take Me As I Am: The Muscle Shoals Sessions,’ at the legendary FAME Studios in Muscle Shoals. Meg’s album has since been played on Sirius XM’s Bluesville and radio stations world-wide – 'Take Me As I Am' has reached #27 on Top 50 Blues Album Charts & #9 on Top 50 Blues Rock Album Charts (Roots Music Report). Meg's song 'Little Bit of the Devil' reached #2 Top 50 Blues Rock songs & #9 Top Blues Song (Roots Music Report). Earning high respect and feedback internationally, ‘Take Me As I Am’ won a Bronze Medal for the 2019 Global Music Awards.
Meg recently performed at the 2019 Ann Arbor Blues Fest and the inaugural Lone Star Blues and Heritage Festival, as a guitarist & bassist for blues legend and festival headliner, Benny Turner (brother & bassist of the late Freddie King). She additionally performed at the 2019 Tall City Blues Fest (Midland, TX) & main-stage at 2018 Venice Blues Festival (Venice, FL). She has also performed at the Tennessee Motorcycle & Music Revival at Loretta Lynn’s Ranch, the 2019 Island Hopper Songwriter Festival (Fort Myers, FL), the Smoky Mountain Songwriter’s Festival (Gatlinburg, TN), and the highly selective 2019 Nashville Guitar Community Showcase. Meg is set to perform at The Robert Johnson San Antonio Sessions (San Antonio, TX) and the 2020 Cincinnati Guitar Festival.
Meg has been interviewed & featured on Blues Radio International during the Blues Music Awards (BMA's) in Memphis, TN with percussionist Kirby Newman, Knoxville’s WDVX Blue Plate Special (3x), Acme Radio Live (Nashville, TN), on 'Gear Gab' with Eric Dahl, and has been featured in Vintage Guitar Magazine (Oct '19 and Nov '19 issues). Meg has performed at notable venues nationwide, including: 3rd and Lindsley (Nashville, TN), Bourbon Street Blues and Boogie Bar (Nashville, TN), City Winery (Nashville, TN), The Stanhope House (Stanhope, NJ), Rockwood Music Hall – Stage 2 (NYC), BB’s Jazz, Blues and Soups (St. Louis, MO), Knuckleheads Gospel Lounge (Kansas City, MO), Sam’s Burger Joint (San Antonio, TX), Lafayette’s (Memphis), BB King’s Memphis (Memphis, TN), and many, many more.
“A lot of people say that Nashville is a 10 year town – well, Meg Williams fit 10 years into 3 years”
— Eric Dahl, Acme Radio Live
- 2019 Lone Star Blues and Heritage Festival w/ Benny Turner (Grapeland, TX)
- 2019 Island Hopper Songwriter Festival (Fort Myers, FL)
- 2019 Nashville Guitar Community Showcase (Nashville, TN)
- 2019 Ann Arbor Blues Festival with Benny Turner (Ann Arbor, MI)
- 2019 Tall City Blues Fest (Midland, TX)
- Winner of the 2018 Kentucky Blues Challenge (Bowling Green, KY)
- House Band Director for the 2019 Women in Blues Showcase (Memphis, TN)
- 2018 Venice Blues Festival (Venice, FL)
- Blues Radio International during the BMA's (Memphis, TN)
- Tennessee Motorcycle & Music Revival (Loretta Lynn's Ranch, TN)
- Smoky Mountain Songwriter's Festival (Gatlinburg, TN)
- WDVX Blue Plate Special (Knoxville, TN)
- 3rd & Lindsley, Bourbon Street Blues & Boogie Bar (Nashville, TN)
- BB King's Memphis, Lafayette's (Memphis, TN)
- Sam's Burger Joint (San Antonio, TX)
- The Bluebird Cafe (Nashville, TN)
- Rockwood Music Hall - Stage 2 (NYC)
- Stanhope House (Stanhope, NJ)
- Knuckleheads Gospel Lounge (Kansas City, MO)
- Summer NAMM (Re-Axe Booth, Nashville, TN)
- 2016 Nashville Blues Challenge (Nashville, TN)
- Rochester Fringe Festival, Park Avenue Festival, Fairport Food and Music Fest, Fairport Canal Days (Rochester, NY)
- BB's Jazz, Blues & Soups, Old Rock House (St. Louis, MO)
- CMA Fest (guitarist for Dakota Danielle, Nashville, TN)
- Cheyenne Frontier Days (guitarist for Ciara Rae, Cheyenne, WY)
“Meg Williams balances her big guitar playing with a sweet and sultry vocal style and razor-sharp lyrics…”