“…beneath this sweet exterior lurks a rock ‘n’ roller. ”
— Frank de Blasé, CITY Newspaper
Nashville-based guitarist, songwriter, and singer, Meg Williams, performs at notable venues across the country with her full band, as a solo/duo act, and as a guitarist for other artists. She competed in the 2019 International Blues Challenge (Memphis, TN), representing the Kentucky Blues Society after winning the Kentucky Blues Challenge. Meg was additionally selected as the house band director & guitarist for the International Women in Blues Showcase during the IBC's for both the 2019 & 2020 showcases. Meg signed with Nola Blue Records in 2019 and went on to record her full length album, ‘Take Me As I Am: The Muscle Shoals Sessions,’ at the legendary FAME Studios in Muscle Shoals. Meg’s album has since been played on Sirius XM’s Bluesville and radio stations world-wide – 'Take Me As I Am' has reached #27 on Top 50 Blues Album Charts & #9 on Top 50 Blues Rock Album Charts (Roots Music Report). Meg's song 'Little Bit of the Devil' reached #2 Top 50 Blues Rock songs & #9 Top Blues Song (Roots Music Report). Earning high respect and feedback internationally, ‘Take Me As I Am’ won a Bronze Medal for the 2019 Global Music Awards.
Meg recently performed at the 2019 Ann Arbor Blues Fest and the inaugural Lone Star Blues and Heritage Festival, as a guitarist & bassist for blues legend and festival headliner, Benny Turner (brother & bassist of the late Freddie King). She additionally performed at the 2019 Tall City Blues Fest (Midland, TX) 2019 Robert Johnson San Antonio Sessions (San Antonio, TX) & main-stage at 2018 Venice Blues Festival (Venice, FL). She has also performed at the Tennessee Motorcycle & Music Revival at Loretta Lynn’s Ranch, the 2019 Island Hopper Songwriter Festival (Fort Myers, FL), the Smoky Mountain Songwriter’s Festival (Gatlinburg, TN), and the highly selective 2019 Nashville Guitar Community Showcase. Meg is set to perform at the 2020 Cincinnati Guitar Festival & has also been selected as 2020 Women in Blues Showcase - House Band Guitarist (Memphis, TN).
Meg has been interviewed & featured on Blues Radio International during the Blues Music Awards (BMA's) in Memphis, TN with percussionist Kirby Newman, Knoxville’s WDVX Blue Plate Special (3x), Acme Radio Live (Nashville, TN), on 'Gear Gab' with Eric Dahl, and has been featured in Vintage Guitar Magazine (Oct '19 and Nov '19 issues). Meg has performed at notable venues nationwide, including: 3rd and Lindsley (Nashville, TN), Bourbon Street Blues and Boogie Bar (Nashville, TN), City Winery (Nashville, TN), The Stanhope House (Stanhope, NJ), Rockwood Music Hall – Stage 2 (NYC), BB’s Jazz, Blues and Soups (St. Louis, MO), Knuckleheads Gospel Lounge (Kansas City, MO), Sam’s Burger Joint (San Antonio, TX), Lafayette’s (Memphis), BB King’s Memphis (Memphis, TN), and many, many more.
“Meg Williams balances her big guitar playing with a sweet and sultry vocal style and razor-sharp lyrics… ”
— Rick J Bowen
Past notable performances:
- 2019 Lone Star Blues and Heritage Fest w/ blues legend Benny Turner (Grapeland, TX)
- 2019 Nashville Guitar Community Showcase (Nashville, TN)
- 2019 Island Hopper Songwriter Festival (Fort Myers, FL)
- 2019 Ann Arbor Blues Festival w/ blues legend Benny Turner (Ann Arbor, MI)
- 2019 Tall City Blues Fest (Midland, TX)
- Winner of the 2018 Kentucky Blues Challenge (competed in the 2019 International Blues Challenge - Memphis, TN)
- House Band Director for 2019 Women in Blues Showcase (Memphis, TN)
- 2018 Venice Blues Festival (Venice, FL)
- Acme Radio Live - Gear Gab w/ Eric Dahl (Nashville, TN)
- Red Gorilla Festival (Austin, TX)
- Blues Radio International during the BMA's (Memphis, TN)
- Tennessee Motorcycle & Music Revival at Loretta Lynn's Ranch (Hurricane Mills, TN)
- Washington Blues Society Blues Bash Feature (Snohomish, WA)
- Stanhope House (Stanhope, NJ)
- 3rd & Lindsley, Bourbon Street Blues & Boogie Bar, the 5 Spot, City Winery, Douglas Corner Cafe (Nashville, TN)
- Rockwood Music Hall Stage 2 (NYC)
- Knuckleheads - Gospel Lounge (Kansas City, MO)
- BB's Jazz, Blues and Soups (MWB) & Old Rock House (w/ Jenny Teator) (St Louis, MO)
- Smoky Mountain Songwriter's Festival (Gatlinburg, TN)
- Songbirds (Chattanooga, TN w/ Bebe le Strange - Heart Tribute Band)
- The Park Theater (McMinnville, TN w/ Bebe le Strange - Heart Tribute Band)
- Sofar Sounds (Seattle & Portland)
“Many people say that Nashville is a 10 year town -- Meg Williams fit 10 years into 3.”
— Eric Dahl, Acme Radio Live
In addition to leading her own band & performing as a solo/duo act, Meg can also be found teaming up with other Nashville-based artists: Meg tours frequently with Jenny Teator and Sheridan Gates as an acoustic songwriter trio – bringing a piece of Nashville to listeners nationwide through a unique song & story experience at house concerts, intimate listening rooms, studios, schools, guest-teaching, SoFar Sounds, Summer NAMM booths, and sold-out venues. They perform their own songs & co-writes (many songs written with each other!), adding 3-part harmonies, guitar solos, and the stories behind the songs.
Meg is also in high demand as a side-woman & nationally touring guitarist for other artists, when she has a rare off night with her own projects. She has performed at Cheyenne Frontier Days (Cheyenne, WY), CMA Fest, Tennessee Motorcycle & Music Revival, Old Rock House (St Louis, MO), The Blue Note (Columbia, MO), Whiskey Jam (Nashville, TN), finalist of the ‘Play at Pilgrimage Festival’ competition (Nashville, TN), Songbirds (Chattanooga, TN), and many other venues as a side-woman, and has been featured on TV (Today in Nashville), radio, and studio recordings as a guitarist for other artists.
When Meg is not performing (which is almost never), she enjoys teaching guitar throughout the greater Nashville area (beginner – advanced lessons), graphic design (creating and maintaining all of her own websites, posters, & social media), co-writing with artists in Nashville, supporting other musicians & shows, and constantly booking her own shows, working hard to keep a full calendar year-round. It’s a lot of hard work and dedication, but Meg enjoys every aspect of the music business.